mardi 1 avril 2008

Concert Annoucement

I just wanted to announce that in exactly one year I will be giving a very special concert: we will play Oxygene in the Titanic! As you know, I like extraordinary places, and I find it interesting to play Oxygene in a place where oxygen is precisely so rare. We will be playing in the ship's Grand Ball room, in old-fashioned classy suits, I want to revive the dressy parties of a time where travel was still a poetic idea. When I composed Oxygene I didn't think of outer space and planets, I wanted it to be about the biosphere, and so playing it among the tunas and the octopuses will be a special moment.
Of course there are big problems, it's difficult to tune the synthesizers under water, and I need to tie my hair so it doesn't float, but I'm sure we will find a way. Alain is already learning to swim. Looking forward to it.

(posted on an analog phone)

23 commentaires:

Thomas a dit…

Finally some depth in JMJ's music! :)

SeanH a dit…

when do the tickets go on sail?

JimmyJamJarre74 a dit…

I can't wait to sea this...this should go down a treat!! ;D

Anonyme a dit…

My company Aqua Productions can help! Water for Live Music :-)

Audio Coffee Productions a dit…

Oh what a sinking feeling to read this first thing in the morning!! Will bergers be on sale too? ice in the drinks? will the band just 'play on'???
Will women and children go first?
Will the mood be bouyant?
Will you have to fish for an audience? At least 'Waiting for Cousteau' will reach new depths!!
Ok, I'm bubbling over and will stop now....!

Sean McManus a dit…

'Waiting for Cousteau' would certainly acquire new depth, played while we're waiting for the show to begin. Can we expect some new tracks? Perhaps you'll be combine H2 with O..?

Unknown a dit…

(posted on an analog phone)

Brilliant, I would love to use the SMS texting system with a dial. In fact, the next mobile phone I want HAS to have a dial.

Bod's Blog a dit…

I thought that chain didn't hit JMJ on the head on Sunday - perhaps it did after all!

Somebody throw him a lifejacket!

Bod's Blog a dit…

By the way - checkout the "flying penguins" on this link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/01/npenguin101.xml

If no link appears, just google for "flying penguins" and it's the first link! ;-)

Carla (pinquin) a dit…

Nice first April JOKE Jean-Michel Jarre!

Carré was great!
After the show we waited for 2 hours in the cold to see you! Thanks for the autographe and 3 kisses!
Do you remember Jolanda and me with the knitted sweaters???

I filmed the Carré concert in HD and stereo. Jean-Michel if you want a copy, mail me!

See you soon! I'm waiting in the meantime in my bikini's for your Titanic concert...

Carla.

Miss Moon a dit…

With Laure Manaudou in special guest ? April fool ! ;o))) Good joke !

Michael W a dit…

Sinking too new depths here - something fishy going on i think - any how its not jarres first underwater concert - remember docklands - i do -talking of which how about a "DOCKLANDS REVISITED "concert On top of the millenium dome - now that its been rebuilt now thats a concert id like 2 c -how about it jean michel say in another 10 years ?

Anonyme a dit…

I think I'll stay in a boat above the Titanic, and after the concert I'll be fishing junk at sunset...

equinoxe a dit…

LOL! it would be great if you presented a new record during the concert too! (H2O someone?) But please, take Celine Dion to the concert for an encore!

tdream88 a dit…

Poisson d'Avril !!!
<:::-<
>-:::>

Unknown a dit…

Jean Michel - I remember you once explained that you could not carry out the concert at Teotihuacan because the boat sank with the pyramid stage...perhaps you can recover this stage for the Titanic gig...might save you some time. ;)

Also be aware that CS80's don't like salty water.

Choccy a dit…

You'd have a 'whale' of time.I'll be there with my scuba gear.Giggle!Good joke Jean-michel.

Anonyme a dit…

I hope that your concert after the Titanic will be in the International Space Station :-). I already made an artist impression... See this picture .

Anonyme a dit…

Ce sont les poissons qui vont être contents...surtout ceux d'Avril!

Christophe a dit…

Hello Jean Michel,

very funny...

Greetings from Christophe

Digital Snake a dit…

Hi Jean Michel.

My name's Daniele, I'm from Italy and I'm webmaster of italian site www.jeanmicheljarre.it

In March I went in your Oxygene Concert in Milan, for AboutJ event, with some italian fans.

We hope you come back in Italy for new dates of Oxygene tour. In italy there are are many beatiful theaters and fans who are waiting for you :-)

Beste Regards,
Daniele and all italian fans (www.jeanmicheljarre.it)

jeanluc a dit…

La mer est profond, et son humeur est comme le tien, mon ami!

Dans les 80's, je m'asseyais sur une plage en Corse. Il y avais un helicoptere qui se planter, deux meqs sortaient et prenaient un bateaux pour pecher (j'aurai cru) -les langoustes!!

Personnes peut la preuver - sauf l'infermiere en bikini jaune - qui etais au fond de la plage ;-)

Quelque-choses me disais "c'est lui".

Bient-tot, je dois faire contacte avec toi Jean-Michel. J'ai projette des trucs musicales enormes. J'ai besoins de ton assistance. . .

A plus!

Jeanluc

LutonStevey a dit…

Not as crazy as it sounds! I work for Eurostar, the UK/French/Belgian train company. Surely a concert could be organised under the sea, on one of our trains as it passes under the sea between England and France?? It would put Jean-Michel into the record books once again with the lowest concert ever held 50 metres below the sea floor!